Fact: Did you know that dryer vents are the Number One cause of all household fires? – Source, National Fire Protection Agency.
In fact, dryer vent fires are responsible for over 16,000 fires annually resulting in over $230 million in damages.
Dryer vent fires are caused by an ignition of built-up lint that spreads into the vent tubing leading through the walls of the home. Lint is highly flammable and if not removed, is a fire waiting to happen.
Dryers are vented into the walls of our homes and can travel long distances with bends in the tubing. These bends create additional places where lint can accumulate, and birds, mice, and other rodents can build nests if they can enter where the vent exits the roof. Most people don’t give a second thought to dryer vents, even though this is the Number One place where a fire can start.
We Have The Solution For You
Tru-Clean Carpet & Tile Care offers a thoroughly exhaustive dryer vent cleaning service designed to deliver peace of mind to you and your family.
Our no-mess dryer vent service is state-of-the-art and includes:
- A digital test to measure the airflow of your dryer vent before and after cleaning
- The duct system is inspected with a video scope to look for blockage, damage to the venting and to evaluate the health of the system
- We use a rotary system with high vacuum to clean the entire dryer duct system removing all lint, any rodent or bird nests, dryer sheets and any other obstructions
- After cleaning, we inspect the dryer vent system a second time with a camera to ensure quality
- We clean the dryer screen and under, behind and around the dryer
- We introduce a hospital grade bactericide to the dryer vent to inhibit bacterial growth
- The dryer vent transition hose is inspected for any leaks or crushing
- The dryer is returned to its original place
How To Tell If Your Dryer Vent System Needs Cleaning
- Your clothes take more than one cycle to dry
- Your outside dryer “flapper” does not open or barely opens when the dryer is running
- Burning or heat smell when you run the dryer
- Your clothes have a musty odor after drying
- Your dryer is very hot on the outside, or there is an accumulation of moisture in the room
- You see lint coming out the outside of the vent opening
- You’ve never had your dryer vent system cleaned and inspected
A thorough dryer vent cleaning takes about an hour, and the benefits are numerous.
- You’ll significantly reduce the chance for dryer fires
- Your clothes will dry more quickly and smell fresh and clean
- Your electric bill will decrease due to less run time of your dryer
- Your dryer will last longer and experience fewer repairs
- Your clothes will last longer due to less heat exposure
- You’ll reduce allergens due to no moisture issues related to clogged vents
Tru-Clean Carpet & Tile Care is a Certified Partner with the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI). In addition, we are A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau and a five-year-in-a-row-winner of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award.
A thoroughly exhaustive dryer vent cleaning will provide peace of mind, extend the life of your dryer and help reduce electric costs and should be performed every 18-24 months.
For more information on Tru-Clean Carpet & Tile Care and our dryer vent services, please visit us online at www.ForCleanCarpets.com or call us any time at 239-541-4888 – Lee County, 239-206-1935 – Bonita Springs, Naples and Marco Island or 941-621-2198 – Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte.
Tru-Clean Carpet & Tile Care offers professional dryer vent cleaning services throughout the cities of Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples, Marco Island, Lehigh Acres, Useppa, Fort Myers Beach, North Fort Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Matlacha, Saint James City, Bokeelia, Alva, Buckingham, Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte Florida